View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:18 PM  
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Tonight's cook was inspired by a recipe that I found in The Ultimate Turkey Fryer Cookbook (Page 188 ), Cajun Prime Rib. This recipe called for injecting the Prime Rib with Cajun Injector Marinade Creole Garlic Injection. Of course, I didn't have any, but I remembered a recipe on Pellethead.com that used a garlic & Onion injection and marinade, so I went with that.

http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=2863.0

So I made up the injection/marinade per the recipe. It calls for 4-6 bulbs (not cloves) of garlic. That's a lot of garlic. I injected what I could into the roast and rubbed the rest on the outside and let it rest in a big zipper bag in the refrigerator overnight. I took it our today to come up to room temp as I started up the FEC-100.

Once the FEC was up to temp I put the roast in and cooked it at 250 until it hit 130 degrees internal (about 4 hours). then I dropped the FEC to 140 and held the roast for a couple of hours while I prepped the rest of the meal. Here is the roast in the FEC at the end of the cook time.

As mentioned yesterday, the meal included twice baked potatoes. I used the weber gasser for those...

Once the rest was ready I brought in the roast and sliced it for dinner...

(use this picture)

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->