View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
Inject, (look up Chris Lilly's)
Chris Lilly has a brisket injection recipe out there? I Googled and only came up with his pork injection recipe. I'm not sure if that one would be good on brisket. Have you tried it?

42BBQ, For the first brisket I would keep it simple. Pick your rub (salt and pepper work fine for the first one), rub it three or fours hours before cooking, cook it at somewhere between 225 and 275, depending on where your drum runs best, fat cap down, until your probe slides in like it is going into warm butter. Then you can either eat it right away, or wrap it in foil and give it a rest in a dry, preheated cooler. I like my briskets and butts to rest for a couple of hours if I can. It gives the juices and flavors a chance to recirculate.

If you want to try injecting, keep that simple, too. I use a couple of cups of beef stock and add in some granulated garlic, onion powder and what ever rub I am going to put on the outside. I heat all of this to just under boiling and then let it steep for a while. Then I strain out any bits and cool and inject as much as the brisket can hold.

If you're cooking at somewhere around 225 - 240, plan on 90 minutes per pound. If it's done sooner, hold it in a cooler as described above.

Good luck!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->