Unread 06-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg60525 View Post
Jim,

What exactly do you do? Do you cook it in the pan from the start and then cover with foil later? Do you add anything like broth, initially and when foiled?

Thanks,
Greg, When I went to BBQ Judge class the instructor gave me his way of doing brisket. He made it very clear that he thinks brisket is the very worst cut of meat on the planet.

Anyway he does low and slow. Puts it in a foil pan, Fat side up or down? Smokes for however long, 6hrs?, then puts foil over the pan and finishes it covered for the last three.

I put a beer in the last one I did, seems like a waste but I can't drink any more so who cares.

My thought with this is, cook it as you would even though it's in the pan. and cover just after you get past the stall. All the drippings are in the pan and stay with the meat. AT about 195-200, I foiled out of the pan to let it rest for about an hour.

A few other Brethren have said they have also used this method. Maybe not the same but similar. Good luck.

Jim

A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.

Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote