• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Well I had some leftover ribs and brisket… Sooo why not shred them up and load it up on a sausage dog topped with some homemade pickled red onions. The sides were left over homemade BBQ beans and some nice onion rings.
The Mini at Work

IMG_6185.jpg

Da’ Beans
IMG_6190.jpg

The Rings
IMG_6193.jpg

Da’ Loaded Sausage Dog
Enter this pic please
IMG_6214.jpg

First ever Throwdown Entry

Having just joined this forum, just learning what a fatty is (despite the text below my name) I decided that I'd smoke a fatty and enter it into the throwdown. I decided that since it was my first fatty, i'd go for the simplest possible recipe and do that. From all I've read so far, to the purists on here a fatty is Jimmy Dean sausage rubbed and smoked. Many will stuff them, and I'm sure I will someday, but for this, I went pure and simple. pron attatched, i'll post a second time with my official entry as I haven't yet figured out how to embed images without attatching them.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 86
Nice lookin sausage, but where is the bacon? Don't think it can be a fatty without bacon weave.

And welcome to the TD. Its a lot of fun, unless you get zero. But then again that lets you into the zero club. Are you throughly confused now?

wasn't gonna enter

But I got charged with cooking the dogs up at a Wedding shower a friend held for us. No LP so they went on the fire pit. A meager entry of good old lips and ar$eholes and some cheddar smokies.

IMG_0400.jpg

Chorizo Appetiser

G'Day Bruces... Here's my very quick little entry..

I was Q'ing some chicken Hot and Fast on the COS. Had some Chorizo's in the fridge....

DSC_0230_01_493.jpg

Put them in the firebox...
DSC_0233_01_496.jpg

Made them char up a bit...
DSC_0237_01_500.jpg

Served them traditionally... sliced with lemon, and a tiny garnish on the side with a dash of Balsamic...
DSC_0251_01_514.jpg

Simple, elegant and deeeee-licious. :icon_smile_tongue:

Chris, please use the last shot for the entry.

Thanks for looking !

Cheers!

Bill

Chef Jim; said:
Nice lookin sausage, but where is the bacon? Don't think it can be a fatty without bacon weave.

The fatty was around for a long time before folks started wrapping it in bacon.

I reinvented an old family breakfast favorite, Chinese Sausage and rice, in creating my Sausage Throwdown Entry: Pacific Rim Sausage Sandwich
It is grilled spicy & sweet Chinese sausage on a Crisp seared sushi rice base. It is topped with a crisp fried egg. You can view the complete entry
Here

CrispingRice.jpg

Sausagecook.jpg

FinalPlate11.jpg

Throwdown Shot:
FinalSandwich11.jpg

Fresh off a new drum fatty

I submit for your consideration my first UDS fatty. Started with JD spicy, rolled it out in a gallon ziplock then smeared roasted red peppers and sauteed onions on half of it. rolled her up in a bacon weave then on to the new drum. Sliced it up, could hardly wait. The roasted red peppers really added a nice depth. Use the bottom image for my entry.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87421 is my inaugural cook with the UDS

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification

The fatty was around for a long time before folks started wrapping it in bacon.

Okay cool. I was afraid I'd screwed up my first fatty for a second. I was under the impression that the bacon weave was kind of like stuffing... something added on to the original, tasty as it may be. I'm going to make another stuffed with sharp cheddar and jalapeno slices, with a bacon weave next. trying the two extremes. Should I use the mt. olive style slices that are pickled, or slice a fresh pepper and maybe roast it?

Jim

Sausage Meatballs

Okay for this entry I did my Italian Sausage meatballs. Took the sausages out of the casings and added spices, egg, and parmesan cheese. Mixed it all up and made meatballs the size of small oranges. Then off to the smoker for an hour and a half at 250. Served over pasta with light sauce and shaved asiago cheese. Please use the last pic for my entry.

Attachments

• meatballs 026.jpg
    meatballs 026.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 68
  • meatballs 018.jpg
    meatballs 018.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 69
  • meatballs 014.jpg
    meatballs 014.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 68
  • meatballs 008.jpg
    meatballs 008.jpg