Thread: Boiling ribs
View Single Post
Unread 06-22-2010, 04:44 AM   #14
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This is a very interesting conversation.

Naturally, the title of the thread is designed to grab attention... I bet that took guts! LT72884, I'd like a name please... Who are you!

But anyways, the first thing I thought was... OHhh... this guys is sooooo gonna get hammered....

Next thing, we' ve got a really interesting discussion... WTF???

SO as I was reading on, I realised that of all the things that I should have done on my COS, since I joined the brethren, was do some low and slow ribs.. and I realized I have NEVER DONE THEM....

And THEN, I remembered all the times I've done Chinese style grilled ribs and... man I can put something interesting together there with low and slow too.....

And THEN, I remember the BEST Ribs I ever had were cooked by my MIL in Hong Kong, BRAISED in some sort of sauce and then nuked to a serious sear in a gas oven. She only ever did that once for me... and that was over 20 years ago...

I gotta do some homework brethren.... I'm boiling nothin', but I might try and combine a braise and a low and slow Q with the traditional "Char Siu" recipe.... no time frame... but thanks so much for the inspiration.

Cheers!

Bill
Just remember... the standard has gone up. You Americans are getting good at LAMB!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!

SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote