View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #48
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Update. Absolutely no color change after four days of direct sunlight and the peppers are getting soft so I put them in the fridge. Also, Saturday I had bought a few additional and forgot about them, leaving them in the clear plastic produce bag that had been twistied closed, left on the kitchen counter. Tuesday, when discovered, one had become completely red except for the very tip and was still firm, two were partially red but were soft and beginning to mold and the other three were still completely green. One firm, the other two softening and a wee bit moldy. I think I'll have to try the brown paper bag thing next.
They will get soft out in the air but should turn red as well. They will actually get quite soft as they are dehydrating. The key is to catch them before the molding. You may want to try the bag method first for a few days then to open air to help keep the mold away. Also, it's best to do this with the stems on. Once that stem is removed, that open area is more suseptible to mold. Now it's just a matter of finding the right time span.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->