View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Why such a push for TOY and spending so much money on it? It is already highly promoted. And why push so hard for the larger teams with lots of sponsorships money that can freely cook so many comps and push out the lower scoring ones to get all of the points for TOY. Why not divide it into two categories? One for under 15 events a year for us smaller teams that are struggling to get just a few comps in a year. There are a LOT of us that are self funding, so give us a break as well.

Why not give the smaller events a little push so to speak and let them get their feet "wet" and on their own. Let the field grow and expand the playing field.

Why not spend a little on more evenly trained judging. Why not spend more on table captain classes. The way I see it on the KCBS website, there must be abt 30 judging classes scattered all over, but only 1 table captain class listed for the remainder of this year. I hear KCBS is needing table captains desperately, if so, where are the classes.

And a little more push for comps here on the east coast. Most all of the ones I have to go to are at least abt 4 hrs each way.
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->