View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Wow, lots of comments!

I think they would have looked better with sauce too, but with these being my first attempt at these kinds of "ribs" I wanted to try them dry to get a feel for what the ribs realy tasted like. I had sauce on the side for dipping, and honestly, if there is a next time I will sauce these, I liked them better with sauce.

I liked the rib meat, it was good. It's kind of somewhere between and fatty and a pork sausage burger. I didn't care for the weiners in the middle as much, but I'm just not a big hot dog fan either for that matter. If I could find some thin Kielbasa or other kind of sausage, maybe even brats, I would rather do that. They were not at all fall off the bone, you could hold one like a regular rib, and bite off some meat. The meat was not as attached to the "bone" of course, but the outer meat had cooked around the hot dog and held on good enough to stay together. I was actually kind of surprised at that.

As for patents or these being the next big thing...I guess they would need a name first. I was thinking about calling them "Ribs", but since that name is already taken I have to come up with something different. "Hot Dog Ribs" could have worked I suppose, but I don't want to frighten the kiddies or their puppies.

With some work, using different meat for the bones, some fine-tuning the bark, some glaze, I think they would make a very novel entry for an "Anything Butt" category, and could easily be made very tasty, and I'm not just saying that because I made them. They were good like this and has a lot of room for making adjustments really.

I still haven't had the ribs at BK, but I would be very surprised if they were better than these.

BTW, my wife saw me taking pics of these, looked at me funny, and hasn't said a word to me since.
Yes, I own a whole bunch of BBQ crap also.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Get your MOINK Certification today!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote