View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #6008
moda253
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Right, but my point is if he would spend the minimal time actually looking he would probably find one quickly. They have some that were used to hold olive oil the link says. those might not be lines. Call them, Ask them.

I found a bunch of links that he could give a call too. I'd be glad to help him out on the research. In fact what I think we should do is start compiling a phone directory and site listing in a thread here that lists the known places to look for drums about the country. That would be helpful I'd bet.

I dunno I was just poking at him though because his post was a bit of the "I don't really want to read or do much of the legwork myself but..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindave74 View Post
I think he was specifically looking for "unlined" drums, as his post originally stated. I had the same problem......lots of lined drums around.....very few unlined drums.

A nice alternative is a used oil drum.........they are unlined, and are relatively easy to cleanup. A raging inferno burnout is not needed.....just a good power-wash and do a couple test burns with your charcoal and wood.....maybe some light sanding if you are paranoid. Plus, even if there is a little oil left in the nooks and crannies, it is not all that harmful. Look at a couple MSDS reports on motor oil. It's not toxic in small quantities.
moda253 is offline   Reply With Quote