Thread: Labor Day Menus
View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #93
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

i used a 1-2 ratio of fab-b to water and 2 ounces per lb on the briskets. Alot of it leak and shot out too. I dont think it was over injected. The briskets were definately juicy, i just wasn't a fan of the flavor, and its probably the same flavor your talking about that you like(beef u had as a kid).... remember, i came from the boroughs of NY.... Beef to me as a kid was a burger or all beef hot dog.. the Fab B gave the brisket a real strong beefy flavor that was to potent for my taste buds. That "brisket expert" from the kosher deli loved it, so did the guests.. all commented on the flavor... so what I'm yappin about in my post is my personal preference.. and i was in the minority... Also the color was very dark compared to a regular brisket. I'm going to try again with a diluted solution. I bought 5lbs of the fab B and 1lb of fab P and fab C. Didnt try the chicken one yet, but the pork one was really good. We pulled it last night and it was defiantely better than usual. Very moist and i liked the flavor better. We were having that unsauced yesterday(and probably todays lunch). :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote