View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
jeffboyette
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue22 View Post
Ross and RTD have convinced me that the best way is to use parchment paper. Make your pie on it and put it on the stone, after it cooks for a couple of minutes remove the parchment paper (just kinda wiggle it out from underneath) and the pizza will not stick and it will brown.
Ouch. I cringed at the thought. Im a pizza pureist. If i had the money and the room id build a brick oven and make bread and pizza all day and live off it.

The problem i have with the parchment paper, it is completely seperates the dough from the stone. The stone is purposed to provide even heat, yes. But it also pulls moisture out of the dough as it cooks, and imparts flavor to your bread/pizza crust from the years of seasoning on it. The crunch and chewy texture is impossible to get any other way. If you use parchment you might as well use a nonstick aluminum cookie sheet or get a metal pizza pan from your local pizza joint for 5 bucks. Exact same pizza on a seasoned stone, and a seasoned stone with parchment paper will come out very different.
jeffboyette is offline   Reply With Quote