View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

CJ, I am diabetic so when I started down this journey I didn't use any commercial rubs, instead preferring to "roll my own". I started from rubs I found on the Web and have tweaked them a little. I now have one I use for pork and another for beef. When I eat my own cooking I tend to not use sauce at all, so I just buy commercial sauces to serve to others. However, over time I've discovered my pork rub recipe works better with a little more sweet in it -- then a little more and like that. I still use tablespoons where others use cups, though.

I will probably get into making BBQ sauces sometime but I'm not sure I can save any money doing that. It's really easy to sauce pulled pork with Sweet Baby Ray's and everyone just snarfs that stuff down like nobody's business. I use Cattleman's on beef right now. I started buying the Cattleman's because it was reasonably priced and didn't use any high fructose corn syrup. I've just stuck with it because it works just great on pulled chuck, which I like to make a lot, also on beef back ribs or short ribs.

SPB
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->