Our new category is...
Photo from Camping Gear Stop blog
...as chosen by The BBQ QB, the winner of the Shish-Kebab Throwdown
This shouldn't be too complicated, so let's not try to make it complicated. You are to make a dish using cast iron cookware. Please note that nowhere in the rules does it say you have to use a SPECIFIC kind of cooker..thus a cat iron dish on a grill, in a smoker, or even over an open fire should count. You could grill with cast iron grids, you could put a cast iron dish in the smoker to absorb smoky goodness, or you could throw grilled/smoked foods into a cast iron dish and put it in the microwave for all I care so long as it features grilled/smoked foods.
Now that you all know what to do. Shut up and do it. All questions will be ignored. You are on your own with the guidance given. Make some killer dishes because this one will be up to the voters to decide. Actually, they always decide, but in case you are thinking about asking a question, the answer will be...
The voters will decide!
Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...
1. The dish must be Grilled
during the cooking process, or feature Grilled
ingredients in a prominent
2. Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown
period ( 3/26 - 4/4 ).
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time
on the night of 4/4.
4. Only one picture
from one dish
will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE***
thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren Throwdown related postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. Only the image from the original post
by the person entering the dish will be used in the Vote thread. Any further postings of the same photo by the same person, or by others will not be used.
The voting will begin Monday 4/5 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 4/9. All votes will be public.
Don't forget, you can still enter the Appetizers
Throwdown until Sunday night 3/28 by midnight Central time.
Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Fowl Throwdown
Best of luck and even better eats to all!