View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
Just get out there and have fun. Don't concern yourself with the results - be concerned about enjoying it and meeting people. Do that and it will be worth it. Or check out the mentoring teams and see if you can hang with a team for a comp before going at it yourself - that would be a huge nudge.
That's exactly what I did - I cooked with HawgsNHeifers for three years before I finally set out on my own. When I did, I had a great time because I knew ahead of time what it was that I needed and when I needed to do things and how to do them.

And let me tell you, if you're looking for a way to develop a closer relationship with your wife or your kids or whoever, working your butts off together towards the common goal of a BBQ competition and then packing it all up Saturday afternoon and heading for home, dead dog tired but happy, is a sure way to bring everyone closer.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->