I've used it a lot and sparklers are not an exaggeration! When you are starting it up, you need to babysit it as it pops big chunks out of the chimney. I have some nice sized burn craters on my wood deck and a couple of burn scars on the soles of my feet. (OK, it's not a good idea to go barefoot around a popping fire! ;)
Plus, it has been my experience that a lot of it is way under-carbonized, so it is like cooking with a mixture of lump and mesquite. Can't beat the price though, for what you get.
Ted, Carrollton, TX
NB Hondo Offset
Weber One Touch Silver
Large SS Virco Gasser