View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks guys, I use the guru probe positioned about 2 inches below the grate in my UDS and always set for 240. Just last weekend I put a normal grill therm in the same spot and it read 240 just like the guru did. I've been cooking this way for about a month now and have had pretty similiar results. the best cook that I've done in the last couple of months was at 240 and completed in 4 hours and spent 2:30 in foil, they were real juicy and moist but pretty much fall off the bone. That's when I started backing my times off. I'll post a picture tonight of a recent cook that I did where they actually turned out great in about 3:15, problem is 8 times out of ten they're turning up dry. My main question is in regards to the dryness of the rib meat. When I get to that point after about 3:15 the tenderness is pretty close to where it needs to be, I can easily probe with a tooth pick, If I pick it up the meat will start to split, and when sliced, I can pretty easily pull the rib meat off the bone, but the darn rib meat is not moist or juicy. Would you guys agree that if I just cook it a little longer that dry meat will all of the sudden convert a bunch of collagen and turn moist? Thanks for all the help. I'm going to try a couple of different methods in the oven tonight and take some picks. I know.. the oven.. It's just a time thing. Smoker this weekend.
22" Weber
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote