View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2004, 10:50 PM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Forget it.

its hopeless.

i will never get to the "-1" on a fattie. :?

1st was sacraficed at 3 -.45
2 more died in about a minute at the 3 - 1.5 mark..me, a hungry buddy and a couple cold coronas. dont know why we even bothered slicing them. may as well just stick a skewer and bite from the top down like a corn dog.
4th was sacraficed shortly after by the wives when they saw us eating ours..
5th one was the 2 pounder. That made it for about 2 hours in foil.. but never made it bak into the chamber after unwrapping.. That beaswt was awesome but vaporized by me and 8 girls and my daughters birtday party.

one thing for sure.. the 2 lb fjimmy dean fatty is a total nother animal from the one lbr. cooks completely diffferent.. Greg and bill both comment on the lack of smoke ring on the 1lber. The smoke ring on ALL of these fatties were 1/4.-3/8 inch.. the 2 lbers ring was huge.. loaded with juice. big difference from the 1 lb JD and Parks that i usually get.

if anyone ever sees a "jamestown" brand fatty.. pass it up.. was mush when i put it in the chamber.. looked like it was gonna fall tween the expanded steel.. wont do that one again.. tasted like mush too.

Now.. the brisket.. thats another thing.. did it fat cap down this time.. 8 hours cap down, 2 hours cap up... 2 hours in foil, removed at 185 and coolered for about 2-3 hours. sliced it up about a hour ago... flooded itself in juice in the foil.. nose and point was almost spreadable.. like tub margarine.. Flat was awesome, much more juicy than usual.. ..... definately better this way... fat cap down is the way im going from now on..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote