View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks.

We're working on checklists, etc. at this time. I'm "practicing" with different cook times, seasonings, etc.

We're going in as low budget as we can -- no new cookers, etc. But with the Studabaker Bandera, my horizontal, ECB, and grill we should be able to get things done.

Already have a portable cookstove and such so outside of collecting some cleaning tubs and supplies between now and October we should be doing ok. We've already got blenders, food processors, etc. and we'll have at least one of our RVs there as support vehicle.

Anne and I are doing a judges class and new team seminar over the Labor Day weekend sponsored by the FL BBQ Association (FBA). We also get to judge the Fun Fest cookoff so we'll get certified that same weekend. Ought to come away with quite a bit of info from the seminar and judges training. Also, this is s Fun cookoff with no team of the year points at risk but all the "big" teams from FL will be there since it's also the annual association business meeting.

That should set us up for the October cookoff -- we'll see, won't we? :D
Matter of fact I've got a batch of chicken thighs on the NB horizontal right now -- cooking them for a staff meeting/lunch tomorrow.

I think we're going to have a pretty nice presence when we finally "go public" -- hope so!! I want this to work real bad!!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote