View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Smokin'Ron
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tonight's thrown together ccook

ok, I'm a bit disapointed and happy at the same time.

Tried a few things tonight that I haven't tried yet on the UDS.

Baby Backs - threw 1 Rack on for 2.5 hours, wrapped with Apple Juice spritz for 45 minutes, and unwrapped with BBQ sauce for 30 minutes. They were falling apart, but tasted awesome.

Did a first ever Chicken Fatty (skinney?) with bell pepper, provolone, and onion inside. It actually turned out pretty tasty, I wqas worried about it drying out, but worked out well. Used some of the Burnt Sacrifice rub landarc sent me for a sprinkle, turned out realy good flavor and texture wise. It flattened out more than sausage, but kept together.

Now for the upsets. As you can see from the pics, I'm seeing a clean smoke so I'm not sure what the problems were.

I threw some potatoes and onions on as I have before and they came out chemical tasting althought he fatty and ribs taste awesome. Just not certain what happened here I put the taters on about 30 minutes after the rubs and fatty were already on.

I also did my first moink balls, but they were over cooked. I'll get that figured out later, only did a dozen and over done or not, I still ate 6 .

That's the beginning of my evening. Just got the UDS down to 125* and tossed my makeshoft bacon on, long night ahead and a 6 pack in already...

More to come on the bacon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2060014.JPG (160.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P2060015.JPG (166.6 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P2060009.JPG (164.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P2050004.jpg (30.6 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00069-20100227-1706.jpg (50.9 KB, 101 views)

1- Cheap Charcoal grill (gone to the graveyard)
Smokin'Ron is offline   Reply With Quote