View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #37
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

First off, I want to say thank you to not only you for creating this site, but also to ALL of the moderators. I know that the job isn’t easy,

Lord knows that I’ve received more than a few of the ominous PM’s asking “Did you really want to say that” or “Do me a favor and read your post again.” and sometimes (ok, most times. Ok, just about all the time) you guys are right.

I’ve been on boards where the name of the game is how big a flame do you carry into the war. I’ve found that these sites quite simply, and thankfully, just don’t last. This site is different. While I’m not trying to diminish the work of the Moderators, I do know that there is a fair amount of self moderation that takes place. Member ‘A’ posts something that has the potential of upsetting others and Member ‘B’ drops him/her a PM asking if that’s the way they really wanted to have the post taken. I’m willing to bet that 9 times out of 10 the post is edited to clarify the point. To be honest, I think most of us really try to keep it above board and self moderate. Yes there have been times where a post has sparked a flame, but I willing to bet not many posts further down is someone stating that “This kind of post is not the way we do things here.” I don’t know if we secretly want to be moderators or simply just don’t put up with it in what we consider ‘Our House’.

Phil, you and the Moderators have created a very special place here. In reading back to The Inception of The Brethren 10:45 PM 3/5/03, it looks that was at least part of the reason for it being created. I also know that it’s only through your hard work and consideration for others that it is going to last for a long time. I only hope that we can keep up the tradition and standards that you all have set.

Thank you again.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->