Unread 02-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoviceBBQmovinUp View Post
ok seriously, i am sorry for saying "Everyone" obviously not everyone does it

never mind... to those of you who just post to make your count higer, HAVE FUN!
If you are truly a novice, give some thought to that, there is a lot of discussion about whether to mop or not. I do not mop, I have my reasons and they are sound. BBQ Grail could have been more detailed, but, the comment is valid.

Let's consider more detail, the idea that mopping will add moisture to meat at temperature assumes that the meat is in a state where it will accept the mop, it also assume that the mop will not evaporate or run off. Yes, basting is often performed in oven cooking, but, if you really discuss this technique with food scientists they will suggest that the basting actually only contributes to surface color as once meat reaches temperatures in excess of 140F, the heat actually leads to evaporation and the meats internal fluids are evacuating the tissue, making absorption of the mop unlikely. There are many traditions that assume basting or mopping will make your meat more tender and juicy, there is a lot of discussion of whether this is true.

Before accusing someone of post puffing, please consider that his post may have some from experience.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->