FIRST EVER: Biscuits and Gravy Fatty with PRON
OK so I've been contemplating this idea since the last time I made a fatty.
I present to you the "Biscuits and Gravy Fatty". This is by far my favorite breakfast dish followed closely to Eggs Benedict. I figured why not make it into a fatty. This may not be the prettiest but it tastes great!
I've searched the site and couldn't find that anybody has ever tried this so I figured what the hell.
Sausage: 2 Jimmy Dean Regular logs lightly rubbed with my own pork rub and lots of fresh sage.
Gravy: Heavy whipping cream, milk, half a log of JD, red pepper flake, lots of salt, pepper and thickened with corn starch.
Biscuit: Grands with butter
1. Made gravy extra thick to help remain in the log during cook.
2. Rolled out the JD into a large rectangle, applied light rub
3. Rolled the fatty with 2 cups of the gravy
4. Smoked at approx 300 for 2 hrs, foiled last 30 mins to collect juices(for making more gravy)
5. Rolled out grands into a large rectangle and carefully wrapped the fatty.
6. Baked at 350F for 25 mins
7. Slice and enjoy
I make some pretty good gravy but when the smoked juices of the meat mixes with the gravy............mmmmmm it's so farking good.
I will continue and try to make this more presentable, but for now I'm happy with the results. I wasn't even sure it would work so now I can tweak.
My wife thought I was an idiot for trying but when everything was done, she had thirds....go figure.
Thanks for looking,
Last edited by Three porks; 07-29-2013 at 07:39 PM..