View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
Todd, I don't get it. The issues you address were about cooks and protecting the cooks. The sole issue was about reducing prize money. KCBS is requiring a letter of credit to protect future prize money for the cooks. Check the November minutes for a contest which did this. We have a policy that will allow it, as long as you follow procedures, which included in a timely fashion, advising the teams which have registered. But when not followed, I for one, will do everything to protect the cook.

I guess I should ask you, would you go to the royal if they reduced the prize money to $5000.00 (total) , after you registered, and drove there. I would be interested in the answer.

This is about looking out for the cooks. Nothing else. If KCBS does not protect the cooks who will?

Merl
Yep, I'd go. My drive is 21 miles.

So again, if this was the Royal that got their paperwork in a day late, would we be having this discussion? We all know that we wouldn't. No way in hell KCBS is going to have any pull with a contest like the Jack or Royal. What's my point? I'm not sure. Just something I was thinking of.

EDIT: I guess I'm trying to think of this in a greater perspective than just the Cates organization. For the record, my team has never entered a Cates contest until the upcoming Little Rock contest. I've never met any of the Cates family. I don't plan to attend any other Cates contests this year.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote