View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #29
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Are you staying at the Clubhouse Inn on Thursday night? There isn't any of the classic Chicago deep dish places very close to the hotel. Maybe Scottie can recommend something. There is a Connies Pizza on Ogden Avenue in Westmont that is close. i haven't been there in years but it used to be good.

The closest Malnati's full service restaurant is probably Naperville, about 9 miles west of the hotel.

Now.. If you are interested in something else, there are a couple of very good restaurants in Westmont, but not classic Chicago stuff.

Bohemian Crystal - Just off of Ogden Ave in Westmont. I think this is ne of the best eastern european restaurants in this area. Great food, large portions and relatively inexpensive.

Chinese Kitchen - a couple of miles south on Cass Avenue from Odgen. As the name implies, chinese, but good chinese. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp review page

Katy's Dumpling House - In a strip mall on Cass Avenue just south of Odgen. It is a small place but good dim sum. I couldn't find a web site so I linked to the Yelp reviews.

I'm not sure if I can get away or not, but if you end up at Malnati's in Naperville I may be able to sneak over for a bit, but don't base your decision on me. I'll PM my cell number just in case you need someone local.
Thanks for the info!

I might need some good Chinese carbs on Saturday after all of that meat.