View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #27
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I've used the RO Chef's Select in my CG offset and like it alot. Haven't tried it in the UDS yet.
Very natural smell/flavor even more so than that of Stubbs and long burn time.
fair amount of ash, but it's what I consider "soft ash" it falls away nicely from the burning center to allow a consistent burn.

It does spark a little bit as it lights, but not enough to make crazy sparks flying everywhere... it's 100% hardwood char which tends to spark a bit anyways in my expirence.

If you try it in the UDS, I would not add any wood chips or chunks to it, I think you'll get a great smoke from the briqs as they light... thats my plan anyways!

I use the pecan chunks and apple chunks from doitbest and love them as well. large chunks, small amount of bark - less than others I've tried - and a good price.

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote