View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Curt, you know that I already put the event on our site calendar so I’m going to be there and I’m hoping to bring a couple of members of our team with me!

With all of the new members that have been added to this wondrous site since last May, I did a quick search and found our original threads to give them some history.

2008 - Pretty Good BBQ

2008 - Pretty Good BBQ - Roll Call

2008 - Pretty Good BBQ - Pron

2009 - Pretty Good BBQ

As you can see, it’s kind of like a clean bash but with a purpose. With these tough economic times, while all areas of our country have been hit, some places have been slammed. This is a chance to show these residents that there are those that care.

You don’t have to be a member of the church. What you do have to be is someone that cares. Cares enough to show up on a Saturday morning, cook through the night with friends that you may have meet in person or maybe just meet online, pack up and leave on Sunday.

What do you get out of it? If you have to ask, you are in more of a need to join us than some of the residents around the church. This is really what it means to be a brother. I can pretty much guarantee that you’ll be explaining and teaching what you are doing to either a resident or a member of the church or just sitting listing and telling stories through the night. I guess the best comment came last year when a resident asked “Why did you do it?”. The answer that came back was “Because a friend asked.”.

If you can, please consider putting this event on your calendar. It’s well worth it!

OK, I’ll get off my soap box now and pray that I’ll see a bunch of you there.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.

Last edited by Divemaster; 02-16-2010 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Found additional threads
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->