View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Oh snap.........first pic ever of a Drum getting arrested for being Ugly (at the beginning anyway!) That is one sweet looking drum!! And just like you said........."sorry bro but ya gonna have to get in line! everyone that has seen this thing has been blown away. Who would have known that a simple metal drum could make such awesome Q!"

Proof that the Drum is a bad arse cooker!! Welcome to the Drum Nation! I'm seeing some handcuff handles on that bad boy!

Quick note on temp control. Drums tend to run hotter as it is. But, I noticed that the ball valve is secured to a steel base that is then secured to the drum by four bolts. Give the flatness of the base and curvature of the drum, you may be getting air pulled in all around that area between the base and the drum. Maybe a hit of some high temp silicone around it. Those temps you were at is where I usually cook.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!

Last edited by BobBrisket; 02-13-2010 at 10:13 AM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote