View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeramsst2003 View Post
Bob, I'm going to steal your idea! Did you have any problems with the porcelin coating on the weber lid cracking when you straightened it out? I had to readjust my lid when I made my first drum and the coating kept cracking. I would have kept going, but figured I was going to mess it up even more than I had. Thanks for posting the pron!
Wear eye protection and gloves. Freaking porcelain is deadly. I'm experimenting with mine so that I can refine my dad's and friend's drum, so I basically hammered the porcelain away. The welding takes its toll on the porcelain too. But some high temp paint will kinda fix that.
I knew i was gonna fark up the porcelain to begin with so it was okay for me. Even with a rubber mallet, the porcelain cracks. I like the ugly look!

Ugly welds for an UGLY Drum. A coat of high temp paint. It's all primer paint at the moment. I'm thinking Fire Engine Red for this drum.

Ghetto fire basket. Inner screens are temporary till I score some expando.
This farking basket is heavier than the drum!!

Good fit.

Virgin grate waiting for some greasy meat to throw itself on it!!

The lid is one snug fit. Only real smoke will reveal the leaks. Still need the patented check's in the mail JD tab vents, a shelf and a bottle opener and bottle cap catcher which will funtion as a wireless therm holder.
I just might be able to season it today, but probably not.
Here's an inside shot of the ring.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!

Last edited by BobBrisket; 02-07-2010 at 03:44 PM..
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote