Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
With all due respect.

Garnish is dumb. Plain and simple.
It should be about the Q, not about how pretty your garnish is.
All these arguments that it makes KCBS unique or as long as so & so is involved...are fairly lame arguments.
It is the same old story " we've always done it this way" Anyone involved in any type of management knows that this statement is the death knell of creativity.

KCBS is where it is at today as the top sanctioning body in BBQ due to several factors, none of them are garnish IMHO.

Losing garnish will not effect the KCBS brand, nor tarnish it's luster. If anything it will create better parity among judging because the criteria will be easier to understand & execute.

My 2 cents
So you can't make a nice looking parsely putting green? Is that what you're telling us?

Lame or not, the KCBS has a deep respect for it's late founder, Gary Wells, and the way he set it up and envisioned it and as long as his wife is Executive Director, it's not going anywhere. I think at the heart of everything, some people who defend garnish do so out of respect for the person responsible for our organization. That's a battle haters are never going to win.

And speaking of the "death knell of creativity", let's see how creative you can get with a single sheet of foil. You know, it is also said that change for change sake is ridiculous as well.

At the end of the day, garnish is still OPTIONAL. That means you may use it or you may choose not to (in case anyone was wondering). If you don't like it, don't want to waste your money or time, don't like wasting food or taking a chance on poisoning judges with E coli, just don't use it.

Man! I gotta get a job SOON!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote