View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #44
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
when people refer to a bed a parsley as a nice presentation it makes me laugh.
Not me... I don't start laughing til I get the check at the awards ceremony confirming how nice my boxes look.

Quote:
I feel like a landscaper taking care of someones lawn. its useless, takes alot of time, is unfair to new teams starting out that dont know what to put in their boxes.
Are you SERIOUS about this??? You think it's unfair to new teams who don't know what to put in their boxes??? Let me say this - and it's not a knock on new teams because we've ALL been there - but most new teams don't have a clue what to put in their boxes when it comes to garnish OR meat! That's just the way it is. And you know what... they LEARN. They can learn how to garnish just like they learn how to cook and what to cook. Like Phil says - anyone can cook great BBQ but you have to learn HOW to compete. Garnish is part of that. If we were gonna be fair to all the new teams, we'd explain step by step, give them our recipes and build their boxes for them.

Quote:
I know that its written in the rules what an acceptable garnish is but thats just not enough, please no copy and pastes from the rule book. they might as well hand out astro turf pieces to lay in the box.
This I have proposed.

Quote:
the presentation of the meat should be about the meat, not who could line their parsley up better. I spent lots of money and LOTS of time in culinary school learning how to garnish and parsley beds were never referred to as something that enhanced the presentation of anything.
So you spent money on culinary school and still can't make a parsley bed look good? It's still about the meat, regardless of whether or not parsley and lettuce are there.

Quote:
I BET AT PARSLEY CONTESTS THEY DONT LINE THEIR BOXES WITH BRISKET!!!!!
How do you know? Maybe they do. Have you ever been to a parsley contest to be able to definitively make this statement?
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote