View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #32
Scottie
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I don't think that is necessary, or warranted. Perhaps another moderator will view the thread differently.

I agree Jorge. I think everyone remained calm and there was no name calling or other things that bring a thread down.

Let's face it, I believe that Lake Dog wants KCBS to conform to what the sanctioning bodies have done? I may be corrected on this, but I know that for sure FBA was formed in the last 10 years and baiscally modeled their body after the KCBS, except for no garnish. Now maybe some sanctioning body in Texas was before the KCBS, but I do not think any of them are still in existence. I don't think that IBCA is older, as I want to say that Lynn stated it was after the KCBS was formed. Garnish in KCBS for their blind judging is unique and that is what separates KCBS from other sanctioning bodies. I guess the way that I llok at it is, if you don't like it, don't cook KCBS contest. Or in the alternative, don't use garnish, as it is clearly stated int he rules that garnish is not required. But to make call to arms over it, I am not sure if that is correct either...

***Please understand that this post was in no way any slight to any other sanctioning body.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote