Plans ... Hardware
The microcontroller is a Arduino Duemilanove. You can get it at http://www.makershed.com/ProductDeta...ductCode=MKSP4
or any number of other sources. I happen to like Make Magazine.
The WiFi shield is the WiShield from AsyncLabs. This is a plug-and-play WiFi interface for the Arduino. Does almost everything for you easily. You can get it from http://asynclabs.com/store?page=shop...&category_id=6
The interface chip (and board) is from MakerBot Industries. It's their Thermocouple Sensor Kit 1.0. This requires a little soldering. Very, very easy. Currently $16. http://store.makerbot.com/electronic...-v1-0-kit.html
The probe is more complex to order. I ordered it from Omega.com. I use their probe configurator. it's a Flash interface. Takes a little time to load. Go here: http://www.omega.com/config/probeconfig_TC.html
- First, select a K-type thermocouple. Press Continue.
- For Style, select Transition Joint. Then Rugged Junction. Press Continue.
- For Sheath Material, select Super Omegaclad XL. Press Continue.
- For Length, select 6". Press Continue. (I'm tempted to see if they'll sell me a 4" probe)
- For Diameter, select 0.062 (1/16)". Press continue.
- For Junction, select Ungrounded. This has a slower response time (around 5 seconds) but gives better protection against noise. Press Continue.
- For Wire Length, select Custom. I chose 60" on my first probe, but picked 120" for my second. Yes, I want a 10-foot lead so I can put my electronics just about anywhere.
- For Overbraid option, select Stainless Steel.
- For Termination, select Stripped Leads.
- Press Get Price.
- This gave me part number TJ120-CAXL-116U-6-SB. $51.75.
- Press Buy Now and go through checkout.
- my culinary adventures in the rural Philippines
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
Equipment: Weber Kettle, Stainless GOSM,
Green Super-Fast Thermapen
Equipment Wish List: Smokehouse, Backyard Brick Pit with Lechon Spit