View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
Mad Max
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller View Post
Good lookin Pastrami. I have not done the steam method. How tender was it? Juicy?
Very, Very tender and juicy. You do lose a lot of the crust or bark, in the pressure cooker, but the moisture is worth it. Took a couple of a pics from the sammies I made for lunch, will post them in a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
Can't wait to make a nice sammie with swiss, rye bread and deli mustard and a half pickle. I miss Katz! Enjoy!

you aint lying about katz. the best pastrami ever, though yours doesnt look so shabby. i have a place about a mile from me and its owned by the same family. they use the same corned beef and pastrami and its amazing. @ 23.99 a lb it should be but money well spent
The last time I went up north, I was visiting my god-daughter and her Dad (HAV), when, an in-law cousin, came home with a tray full of pastrami, from Katz'. It had to be at least 2 #'s worth, no bread just pastrami, and we just finished having some healthy size burgers, but I couldn't pass up the offer. It was absolutely perfect! I would pay the 23.99 a #. Thanks for the comments.
Weber 22.5 Blue Kettle (CL rescue)
Turkey Fryer
Superbly accurate, ferociously fast,
RED THERMAPEN

"Certified MOINK Ball Maker" 2008
www.southerntreats.blogspot.com
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote