With Chris Lilly's recipe for dry rub and injection; I used my first smoke (WSM)!
I started a little later than I planned on, and to see exactly weather was going to do.
I maintained the temperature fine, and the wind wasn't bad at all.
It did rain however and used to old towels that I don't use anymore to cover the top to keep the heat in. It seemed to work pretty good.
I used mesquite and hickory mix.
Only bad thing was, I left my tech fork in the cold so I didn't get very accurate readings.
I don't recommend drinking all day if you want to pay close attention...
Anyways, I overshot the cooking time by about 40 minutes.
It turned out drier than I wanted.
Despite all of that, everyone I was with loved them. I was a bit more critical of them because I wanted them to be perfect, but I guess it wasn't bad for my first time.
Thanks everyone for all the awesome input and suggestions.