Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks all for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Parker View Post
I need to find this KC rub recipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsy View Post
I am going to find the KC rub recipe now.
KC's Rub:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Brown sugar (sifted) For Brisket reduce to 1/4 cup 2 Tbsp Hickory salt 1 Tbsp Celery salt 2 Tbsp Accent 2 Tbsp Onion powder 2 Tbsp Garlic powder 1 Tbsp Chili powder 1 Tbsp Paprika 1 Tbsp Black Pepper

Cooking Instructions:
Combine all. Rub. This rub will work on anything, but is especially good on pork. Heat on this rub is quite mild. Substitute 2Tbsp of Tony C's (or Tony C's extra spice) for 1 Tbsp of the hickory salt and 1 Tbsp of the Accent to "kick it up a notch" OR Add 1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper.

The only thing I've not been able to find for some reason is hickory salt. I've been using a hickory flavored seasoned salt, which has a pretty strong hickory flavor. Seems to work well.

If I had Plowboy's recipes, I'd make them at home too, but....such is life. Until I order some more Yardbird and Bovine Bold, I'll keep mixing KC's. Not AS good, but still.....I like it a lot.

"The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from underneath me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall.'"
-Abraham Lincoln
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote