View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #225
HumboldtSmokeBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoredneck View Post
Thanks. Just let it be known that the UDS is no one persons design. It has grown from ideas people have brought here, trial and error and sometimes civil debate. This thread is only my version of a UDS. This set up works for me every time. Of course within the main UDS thread there are lots of my ideas that don't get incorporated in the ones I build today. lots of ways to do the same thing. Most importantly is that you build it and learn to use what you have as each is a little different. Bragging rights over your own creation is worth the little cuts and scrapes while building them.

I cant thank you enough, or the guy who steered me to this thread.
Now, a quick question...My UDS is kicking butt! I love it. I dont have a charcoal pan below my coal box...so the coals just fall to the bottom. Is the only purpose of the pan to ease clean up after a cook?

I opened my lid during my first cook and some ash did fly up from draft i guess. would the pan under teh box stop this?

Thanks again to all who have helped me with the UDS design, this thing has changed my life.