Thread: Equipment
View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I agree on the Cambros but not just for the hot stuff... I have a large Igloo that I use for transportation of the meat but once it's trimmed and or seasoned it goes into a pre-cooled (large hotel pan of ice for 20-30 minutes) cambro on a sheet pan. This works out best for us. In fact, we have two of them stacked and keep the top one pre-heated and the bottom one chilled. Once all the meat is out of the igloo (the meat is cryo-sucked before it goes in so there is no cross contamination) our boxes are made up and stored in there...

We also bring two Maverick ET-73's at the comps. One to use and one for a back up. Excuse the pun but we almost got burned when we broke one....

As for the canopy, we picked up a 'King Canopy' at Costco that we really like. It came with four walls that not only keep the heat in (it gets chilly here) but also gives us some privacy.
Hmm, so what exactly would you be doing in this King Canopy that you would need "privacy?"
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote