View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
Smokin J
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yeh, NY is pretty tough too. I have been working on getting my catering/ vending trailer designed, approved built and inspected for about 8 months now. We are finally getting the final inspection next friday.

We got our plans approved on the 2nd submission, not including the original review that i had with our inpector. The HD was somewhat helpfull throughout the process, except that they took soooo long to approve our plans (2 months for each submission). We designed and built the trailer ourselves, so there was alot of regs to follow.

It was a major pain in the ass, but we will be up and running full force in the spring.

My advice would be to do as much research as possible before making any commitments.

HD Regs, Permitts, liability insurance, Commercial vehicle insurance, business license, business structure, costs for equipment, advertising, ect.....

If after all that, you decide to do it......don't be discouraged when you hit a road block. Stay positive. With alot of hard work and a little luck, hopefully it will pay off.

Good Luck!
http://www.jcbbq.com
LANG #84 W/ DELUX WARMER
MC PR-60 PIG ROASTER
MC PR-72 PIG ROASTER
CGL-60 MagiCater Charcoal Grill
Smokin J is offline   Reply With Quote