View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #44
dodgeramsst2003
Full Fledged Farker

Default Made some progress today

Well, I made some progress today, got the baffle in for the most part, just have a couple of the edge trim pieces to put in. I pieced it together out of scrap that I had to save some money. I laid down a lot of welding wire, so I don't know how much I actually saved, but it kept me moving along.

My mom's husband sells steel, so he has ordered the material for the firebox and warming box, although I think I shorted myself the door and top for the warming box, Brain-fart mod. No big deal, I always come up with something. Just to prove that I actually made progress, I've included pictures. The picture looking down the center of the channel makes it look like it is crooked, but its some sort of optical illusion from the welds, I've checked it and it's straight.

I also managed to get the shelf welded onto the side. In hindsight I should have waited on this part, as it gives me an extra 12 inches to hunch over to get to the baffle welding, but does give me a nice place to clamp pieces that need be cut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0263.jpg (53.6 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0264.jpg (52.7 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0266.jpg (72.4 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0271.jpg (44.7 KB, 658 views)
- Homebuilt cold smoker, Cookshack SM008.
- 250 gal oil drum cut and waiting for me to build it
- (3) more 250 gal oil drums waiting for me to go get them.
- Custom offset in progress.
Link To The Build: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71893
dodgeramsst2003 is offline   Reply With Quote