Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought about it slamming closed. I was contemplating instead of using a counterweight, adding a spring assist, that would reside beside/under the main chamber and attach to the door with a set of steel cables. After having the thought of it slamming closed on my hands brought to my attention, I will definitely add some sort of assist to it.
- UDS ( my new favorite cooking device)
- Homebuilt cold smoker, Cookshack SM008.
- 250 gal oil drum cut and waiting for me to build it
- (3) more 250 gal oil drums waiting for me to go get them.
- Custom offset in progress.
Link To The Build: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71893