View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I could name names for you, but I am not sure if it will do KCBS any good by doing that... So I won't...

One thing that still sticks in my crawl... Is the whole MMA deal. I don't like how that whole situation was handled from the start in January 2007...
Scottie, you know I've been with ya on that. I did talk with Mike McCloud extensively at The Jack and while I'm not knowledgeable about the contract (I think we as members SHOULD be though), I at least feel better about what MMA is doing to help KCBS and bring in some extra funds that we can put to some outstanding uses if the board will approve them. I let Mike know up front in our conversation that between the comments made at the organizer roundtable then the famous "whether you like it or not" comment at the banquet that night, he was already on strike two with me. Mike acknowledged that the quote from the banquet was wrong for him to do and it didn't come out the way he intended it to sound. I pointed out that he's a marketing person and should have known EXACTLY how to word it. He agreed with me and said several people have told him about how that sounded. So then after we got all that out of the way, we had a pretty productive conversation and I left thinking that given the right situations, this MMA thing could be a big benefit to us. I like money and I like the possibilities it gives KCBS to do beneficial things for its members. I understand how MMA can help to deliver that. I would just insist that the details are made available to ALL members and not kept hidden in the shroud of secrecy that it has been thus far. We may not necessarily LIKE everything that goes on but at least if it's all available for us to see for ourselves, the distrust and suspicions won't be there and we can know how our organization is thinking and where they're headed with MMA and other such agreements. Transparency!!!

BTW... "non-productive action" - sort of an oxymoron, huh? LOL! It's like spinning your tires... you're not gonna go anywhere, just stay in place. That's not what we need.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote