View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4
Default pizza lesson/experiment. Cheese drying out. *pRon*

Just a quick thing I have been meaning to do and got to try it tonight.

made a couple of margarita pies tonight. Margarita use fresh whole mozz and what i have seen in the past, is that sometimes the breaks down before the crust is finished cooking. So, the obvious fix is to give the crust a head start without the cheese. First pie tonight, the cheese dried out.. and i had to remove the pie earlier than I would have like to.. the cheese was seperating and the crust wasnt as crisp as I'd like. This happens more often with whole wheat crusts since they take a litlle longer to cook.

so the obvious key(and i always forget to do) was to put the pie in, with sauce only... for about 3 minutes, or until the crust is starting to brown, at which time I pulled it, put on the cheese(and a little extra sauce) and returned to oven for about 2 minutes. Came out with a crispy and airy crust.. and the cheese was melted, and still moist.. perfect... now if i can just remember to keep doing this.

May be obvious, but i jsut wanted to add this to our pizza threads for those starting out.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote