View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStomach View Post
It's funny, I'd probably react exactly the same way as your grandmother, but my pizzas are the only time I'll use sugar in tomatoes. My Italian wife doesn't understand why I'll cook down a batch of bolognese for four hours either. I can't stand the taste of sugar in pasta sauces, but it doesn't take much to tone down the tomatoes for the pizza and I can never taste it. Usually since there isn't much compared to the cheese and toppings.

Since I don't actually sauce the tomatoes, I'm not sure carrots or vidalias would work, though it's a good idea, if I ever make a non-Chicago style pie I'll give it a try, thanks!

I hear you on the variety of the tomatoes, this was the first year for the garden for my wife and I and our tomatoes... well... the heirlooms kick butt, but the romas, not so much. Super incredibly bitter when canned. Ah well.

opps.. your right.. My brains thinking tomato sauce in general, not pizza sauce. I can see a small amount(sugar) in pizza sauce not doing any harm. I like my pizza sauce to tastw like nothing more than fresh tomatos.

Try the shreadded carrot once.. just run a knife down the sides of a carrot to get some pulp and add it to a sauce that went bitter.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote