Originally Posted by BigBarry
CAUTION!!! There seems to be some earlier confusion between bleach and Clorox Cleanup Cleaner with Bleach.
They are not the same. The cleaner has surficants and detergents and must be used non-diluted for it to disinfect. That residue you feel is detergents and you might not want that on a cutting board. The clorox site makes no mention either way about cutting boards or food prep items.
Straight bleach should be diluted as per FAQ: http://www.clorox.com/products/usage.php?prod_id=clb
Use the following method to disinfect hard, nonporous surfaces at home:
- Create bleach solution using ¾ cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water.
- Wash, wipe or rinse items/area with water, then apply solution.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
FAQ for cleanup product:
The HD requires that a food serving establishment use 3 sinks for the cleaning or all materials including cutting boards. By law the wash sink must be large enough to submerge your largest utensil usually a cutting board. Now if it's over half way that's good. Then it must be rinsed in sink #2 and finally rinsed in sink #3 that has the bleach solution. You must use test strips to ensure the right mixture
For cleaning counters they must be washed with a hot saopy water then risned then sprayed with a solution of bleach water - again tested for concentration. Anybody who takes a Serve Safe course will know all this as well as much more.
Owner/Head Cook/Chief Bottle Washer for Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Competition BBQ Team
FBA Member, KCBS Member & KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Spicewine medium, weber kettle, gas grill