View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #4388
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I have gotten a lot of good info out of this thread so here is my $.02 worth. Hopefully it'll help someone out. When I built my UDS I couldn't find a fire grate for 18" grill, so I used one for the 22.5" grill which makes my fire basket 18" in diameter. The problem was that I couldn't find anything that size to use for an ash pan, untill this afternoon. I was at the Dollar General Store down the road and spotted this 18" throwaway grill. It was marked $12.00, not too bad, so I grabbed one. When I checked out it was on end of summer clearance for $3.60!!! SWEET!! I grabbed another for a spare. It fits my oversized charcoal basket perfect!! If anybody else has had this problem I hope this helps.
This actually got me hunting all over my towns dollar general stores for the $3.60 18" grill. Couldn't find one , but none the less it was a great heads up. Thank you! Sorry for the soft flame in the earlier post. I guess your post was a 2 fer, 1. Idea 2. Deal alert. I only focused on the idea part. Completely glossed over the great deal!
jetfxr27 is offline   Reply With Quote