View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #4248
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phDog View Post
ok brethren I found a possible alternative to building a coal basket yourself; a 14" x 6" double mesh round fry basket. ordered mine last night for less than 10 bucks here - http://www.kitchensupplydirect.com/THU-SLFB006.html

i figure i'll make some legs out of bolts and give it a whirl next weekend. i'll let you know how it works.
I think the mesh is going to be too close to allow the ash to fall through. You might try and cut out some of the wire to make the holes bigger (think 3/4" expanded metal) then I don't see why it won't work.

Let us know how it turns out.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote