View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #58
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Now that I look at that, and reading Jeff's comments, I realize my comment was not well written. It is not good advice as written, it is more how I do things, but, probably represents my own bad habits of over-checking the food. B3, I do think checking after the stall is best, I tend to check to early mostly out of having developed bad habits.
Actually it may be more out of experience than bad habits... In thinking back, I may have been to quick with my response.

There have been times that I too have started checking early and I don't know if it was impatience or that little voice in the back of my head that said that something looked different (maybe the bone moved when I touched it or the bark looked too perfict)... I don't have an explanation for it (I should be used to the voices by now!) but I think it's an experience thing...

Maybe it would be a good learning experience to start checking at 165* so you can get an idea of how the texture of the meat changes...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote