The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements and news (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9643)

chad 10-20-2004 04:57 PM

Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering

Well, I get my Food Mangers state certification Monday. I'm registering the business name tonight (DBA), and filing for my tax number.

I've started working up my flyers with catering menu and working up a menu for my concession, when I get that far along.

All I need now is two nickles to rub together to get a rig. However, my new business Visa should get here next week -- free interest for 6 months! Maybe I can get the rig and pay it off that quick :D

kcquer 10-20-2004 05:30 PM

Right On David! Best of Luck Brother!

racer_81 10-20-2004 05:36 PM

I'd like a pig sammich to go please.

cookswithfire 10-20-2004 06:07 PM

Ill buy a cap or a t-shirt

chad 10-20-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

I'd like a pig sammich to go please
$3.50 with pickle and chips!!

Quote:

Ill buy a cap or a t-shirt
Soon. Soon! :D

I have gone and done it! Fed and state tax numbers, DBA/ficticious name registration, all done -- Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering is an official "entity".

Tim and I hope to do a formal partnership with SouthernBrethren.com BBQ Team next year. :D

Now, comes the rought part - financing!

BrooklynQ 10-20-2004 06:27 PM

Dave- Best of Luck Dude! You're living the dream!

JacksonsDad 10-20-2004 08:54 PM

Good luck! and more importantly...good Q!

Arlin_MacRae 10-20-2004 10:10 PM

Heck yeah - put me down for a shirt and hat!

Neil 10-21-2004 03:31 AM

Good luck Dave. Bust your ass, good Q, good service = success in that order.

kcquer 10-21-2004 06:14 AM

Quote:

Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering is an official "entity".
DF, make sure you get that name for a www too. I know a few hundred potential customers for ya, although location might be an issue when trying to exploit that customer base, I hear they can be picky consumers of Q as well :wink: :lol:

chad 10-21-2004 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcquer
Quote:

Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering is an official "entity".
DF, make sure you get that name for a www too. :wink: :lol:

Unless Tim and I have a big falling out we'll probably tie Southern Brethren BBQ & Catering and SouthernBrethren.com BBQ team together. One of those sybiotic relationships - especially since Tim already has our SouthernBrethren.com site parked at GoDaddy.com! :D

Once we start competing more the braggin' rights and other tie-ins should start working. Post the catering info, etc. etc. etc.

Hat's and aprons will follow! :twisted:

MikeG 10-21-2004 06:53 AM

Best wishes guys
Know that your brothers are pulling
for you.
Mikeg

Bellybro 10-21-2004 10:51 AM

Awesome! Way to take the big step!

Good Luck to you!

Solidkick 10-21-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellybro
Awesome! Way to take the big step!

Good Luck to you!

I agree! We'll be picking your brain as to how it's going! Hope to do something similar with the Belly Bros. in the future!!

chad 10-21-2004 06:05 PM

The fun really started today. Downloaded the business registration paperwork (for catering/mobile vending) - three farking pages and require $150 be submitted along with 3 copies of the floorplan - and this is for a concession TRAILER!!! :twisted:

Needless to say this won't be happening until I get the rig ready. Fortunately I've got my "commissary" in the bag - catering free for the church is just about to pay off BIG TIME! :D

On the other hand - started the business plan -- what a joy!! You think writing a resume is bad? Try writing a business plan for a startup!! :twisted: I think I'm losing my mind!! :D

Of course if I can scank the bank out of $120-150K startup costs I'll be set!! Fat chance! It's probably going to be credit card and personal loans for the first couple of years - that's why the Lang 84 is looking good - I can afford it and the trailer right now - anything else I got to wait and that isn't earning any $$$

The saga will continue -- who needs a freakin' BLOG?? I got this forum. :D