The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Throwdowns (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   BBQ Brethren "Home Made Bread" Throwdown (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94247)

bigabyte 10-20-2010 11:49 PM

BBQ Brethren "Home Made Bread" Throwdown

Our new category is...

"Home Made Bread!"
http://awesomesquad.files.wordpress....8/10/bread.jpg
Anonymous photo.

...as chosen by bluetang, the winner of the Home Cured and Smoked Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/22 through Sunday 10/31.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/31.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 11/1 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 11/5. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Something Crispy This Way Comes Throwdown until Sunday night 10/24 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Fatty Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Midnight Smoke 10-21-2010 12:06 AM

:pop2: This should be interesting..

SmokinAussie 10-21-2010 02:45 AM

Yes indeed.... I'll do some research!

deguerre 10-21-2010 06:10 AM

I sense another starfish thingie...

SmokinAussie 10-21-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1436970)
I sense another starfish thingie...

I agree... STARFISH stuff is good. You win, and the TD after that is....

Starfish!:becky:

And we all have a great deal of Phun!

Cheers!

Bill

NCGrimbo 10-21-2010 08:37 AM

Finally a throwdown I feel qualified to do. Now, does my cast iron pot fit on the grill?

southernsmoker 10-21-2010 09:51 AM

ah, another good td subject..

bigabyte 10-21-2010 09:59 AM

I don't stand a chance in this one. I have made lots of bread at home, and I like it...but it's nothing to show off. You have to do all this fancy schmancy trickery stuff to make it look incredible for taking pics and stuff. Spritzing, steaming, brushing things on and so forth. I mean, that stuff is what you do to meat, not bread!:rolleyes: Bread is for piling your meat on and drizzling with sauce and then trying to figure out what that mushy thing below all the meat is and when you can't figure that out you fling it at someone.

So, I might sit this one out, I might participate. Depends.

I know one thing for sure...we have some folks on here who are GENIUSES with bread!!! They would stomp my bread into stuffing without even a thought!

I'm looking forward to the great breads! I don't want to name any names specifically...you expert bakers know who you are!:wink:

bigabyte 10-21-2010 10:00 AM

Are cookies bread?

Smokey Al Gold 10-21-2010 10:29 AM

I say if its a baked good made with flour it qualifies as bread. But I have no merits or authority on anything so don't listen to me.

SmokeJumper 10-21-2010 10:31 AM

Does fruitcake count as bread? I like to bake them at least 2-6 months before I hand them out for the holidays.

deguerre 10-21-2010 11:59 AM

Do they ever get tossed back through your window?

SmokeJumper 10-21-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1437294)
Do they ever get tossed back through your window?

No not yet, but they can be used as wheel chocks, door stops, or fire bricks in the Weber.

Alan in Ga 10-21-2010 03:07 PM

Bread this should be a challenge for us.. WOW Bread

deguerre 10-21-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 1437140)
I don't stand a chance in this one. I have made lots of bread at home, and I like it...but it's nothing to show off. You have to do all this fancy schmancy trickery stuff to make it look incredible for taking pics and stuff. Spritzing, steaming, brushing things on and so forth. I mean, that stuff is what you do to meat, not bread!:rolleyes: Bread is for piling your meat on and drizzling with sauce and then trying to figure out what that mushy thing below all the meat is and when you can't figure that out you fling it at someone.

So, I might sit this one out, I might participate. Depends.

I know one thing for sure...we have some folks on here who are GENIUSES with bread!!! They would stomp my bread into stuffing without even a thought!

I'm looking forward to the great breads! I don't want to name any names specifically...you expert bakers know who you are!:wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan in Ga (Post 1437459)
Bread this should be a challenge for us.. WOW Bread

Oh, c'mon. Like cornbread ain't easy and it can still be dolled up.:thumb: