The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   creamy horseradish sauce (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92457)

Wrench_H 09-16-2010 03:20 PM

creamy horseradish sauce

Anybody got a good creamy horseradish sauce recipe? My brother is cooking for his wife this weekend and asked if I had one. I've never made it, but I'm guessing some good horseradish, sour cream, salt pepper, maybe a little garlic, and maybe a little heavy cream if it's too thick. Thanks for any ideas.

deguerre 09-16-2010 03:37 PM

1/2 and 1/2 cups of sour cream and mayo, heaping tbs (or more) prepared horse radish, salt and white pepper to taste, a dash of worstershire and a dash of Franks (or other) hot sauce. Great dip for deep fried mushrooms and other veggies, spread on a roast beef sandwich...

oh - sometimes a tsp of mustard powder or garlic powder or curry or in combination...

bbqbull 09-16-2010 04:07 PM

A splash of pineapple juice works wonders!

42BBQ 09-16-2010 04:13 PM

Used a recipe similar to deguerre's on brisket sandwiches this summer. Phenomenal.

big brother smoke 09-16-2010 04:14 PM

I used this on for a prime rib wedding I had this summer:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Horsera...ce/Detail.aspx

1 c sour cream
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp of freshly chopped dill weed
Salt to taste

I'd use more horseradish for my personal taste, but it was for a wedding.

Bluesman 09-16-2010 07:51 PM

All of the recipes are great. But for my taste I like coarse ground fresh horse radish. Just gives it a better natural bite. Try them all....Have fun :thumb:

fedex 09-16-2010 08:10 PM

Outback Steakhouse

I use alot more Prepared Horseradish. Very Good.

Outback Steakhouse Tiger Dill Sauce

2/3 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Prepared Horseradish
3/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Dill Weed

Procedure
Blend all together and serve with any beef dish.

This is better if let to set overnight.

dmprantz 09-16-2010 08:36 PM

A little chile powder in the sauce and a dash of ketchup approaches Awesome Blossom / Bloomin Onion sauce. A dash of Chipotle Tobasco sauce is always good too. Just some thoughts.

dmp

The Grill Sergeant 09-16-2010 08:58 PM

I'm told this is the Outback Horsey Sauce for the Bloomin Onion. I've used it on Salmon as well and I think it would be a winner with prime rib.

2/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon ketchup
3 teaspoons creamy horseradish
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dill weed

anamosity 09-17-2010 08:56 AM

I know your asking about horsey sauce. But you should really take a look at creamy wasabi sauce. I like it more than horseradish sauce. Very tasty on just about anything.

deguerre 09-17-2010 09:02 AM

Hey Wrench! Thanks for posting this thread as it's given me new info and ideas too.

dmprantz 09-17-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamosity (Post 1404606)
you should really take a look at creamy wasabi sauce. I like it more than horseradish sauce.

I'm curious to know if there would be a signifigant difference. Most "Wasabi" in this country is some combination of horsradish root, mustard seed, and green food colouring. If you have a source for real, pure wasabi, please share.

dmp

Riverside BBQ 09-17-2010 10:27 AM

Try some wasabi paste or cream for a little different taste. You can pick it up at most grocery stores. Or if you have a asian market close you can get freash wasabi root. Careful though. It only takes a bit to give it some bite!

JayAre 09-17-2010 10:31 AM

Go to Arby's get some HorseySauce!!! :-P

timzcardz 09-17-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1403891)
1/2 and 1/2 cups of sour cream and mayo, heaping tbs (or more) prepared horse radish, salt and white pepper to taste, a dash of worstershire and a dash of Franks (or other) hot sauce.

Good Stuff.

Pretty what I do except for the Frank's, and I use a little more sour cream than mayo.